Monday, September 21, 2009

Re-Fabulous:Defined

So the past few monthes have been a hurricane of keeping busy, being busy, and taking care of business. Through all this taking care of business I've neglected to take care of myself. Ive been doing the basics, hair, watching the news, nails, exfoliating, keeping up with my magazines, but the extras have fallen to the way side. While I've always been fabulous(wanna read that again) Im really ready to show my fabness in every way shape and form. I've spent enough time comtemplating my approach to fashion, literature, art, current affairs and those personal indulgences that we all have like the "Tiny and Toya" show and from it all, just like a debutante I re-emerge with the fierceness of a lioness and Tyra Banks all rolled up into one.

Ive made a small list of 10 things that I will do to embody and exemplify my fierceness. Ranging all the way from finally starting my fashion line (insert applause) to beginning to exercise (I am not ordering a size 18 dress for Shannons wedding-have I been avoiding the full body mirrors lately?? NAW) to finding a new job to even going out a little more often and back again. AND most important of all is blogging more often. I go back and forth about blogging, I have this hidden/human fear that some one somewhere is reading this and pointing out all of my misspelled words, my failed attempts at comedy, and my all together lameness. It's a fear thats had me at the cliff called the "delete this page" screen a couple of times. I stand really close to the edge, let my arms hang over tilt my head back and then get distracted by something like the Kanye West vs. Taylor Swift Drama, form an opinion about it (she should thank him for putting her on the map...shes right, she shouldnt have won that damn award because she is a country artist and if Kanye didnt jump up there in his drunken state and save her from her self, the world would have shrugged Lady Gaga and Beyonce's lost off with a "They'll get some other category". And did we notice that while everyone is pissy that Mr. West didnt publicly apologize to her immediatly and overtly, she's yet to publicly and overtly thank Beyonce. Anyone notice or jump back when her little flippant ass got up there and said..."Can we try this again..." then goes on to thank her brothers middle school. Taylor...F(Y)L) and decide that people need to hear what I have to say. I worry my blogg is a little presumptious, but if it was written any other way...I wouldnt be writing it.

Im GIVING IT you guys, GIVING IT ALL, Want some?

No comments: