Saturday, July 04, 2009

Don't Lie, You know you love: Tiny and Toya ! YEAHHHH BAAABBY



I've been waiting so long for this to premeire and also for there to be an empty 30 min in my living room so that I can focuse on the foolishness that is both Tiny and Toya. The accents, the weaves, the Louis bags...Oh my!

I won't lie and act like as soon as I saw the commercial for this I didnt set the DVR, I surely did. As I watched the first episode, I was completely satisfied with the tomfoolery. Now sit there and shake your head. Yeah, I know your too good to watch such. Your busy watching CNN and
CSPAN and Headline News when you wanna relax, but here I am talking about what is probably the most hood tv show since Keisha Cole but third in line to this coming falls "Frankie and Neffe" (gon' DVR that too...might even throw a party for it!) I know, I know...far, but with the canceling of Girlfriends, The Game, and shit I can't even remember the other good (entertaining/positive) black shows that used to come, where else am I to turn. Gotti's Way?, Baldwin Hills?, Harlem Heights?, all perfectly good examples of great black shows, but I need more. I know there's some room for debate on that last point but at the end of the day and yes in 2009 Im still looking for some kinship in my entertainment world. RE-RUNS OF The Cosby Show WILL NOT SUFFICE! I need to see my people in the shows that I watch and the magazines that I read, because lets face it...at the end of the day, all we really want is images of what we should aspire to. We need images that will keep us away from hording the same damn speedy LV duffle over and over and over again, I mean, we wouldnt want to make a fool of ourselves would we?

No comments: